Thank you for your interest in writing for us! Guest posts are a brilliant way for us to educate our audience. On a range of topics outside of our team’s expertise, and to bring greater social exposure to you and your high-quality content.
Below are a few pointers to bear in mind when submitting ideas for publication on Black Gay Blog.com. Be sure to read the entire document before contacting us. To submit an idea, please complete the application form below.
What Should You Write About?
Our blog focuses heavily on health and sexual wellness, relationships, gay/bi advocacy, news and LGBT issues. But we also cover other related topics of interest to our audience including inspirational interviews, profiles of famous personalities, entertainment, sports, fashion, and more.
Our core audience is educated, professional black gay and bisexual men and their admirers. The aged 21 to 55 and their families and admirers around the world, especially in the United States, Europe, Africa and the Caribbean.
Submitting Your Guest Post
You need to meet the following quality control requirements.
- We like concise and informative content and aim for 800 – 1,500-word posts.
- Your guest post should be helpful, informative and friendly. A sense of humour is also appreciated where appropriate.
- Use recent and sourced examples to illustrate the points you make. We need only source and back up of all facts and data.
- We don’t accept self-promotional content. One do-follow link to your website is offered in your author’s bio in exchange.
- Relevant, original, well-written, guest posts free of grammatical errors always gets our attention. Plagiarised content will be immediately rejected.
- Use only those images that add value to your content.
- Linking back to our older posts that relate to your topic is encouraged.
- Include at least one high-res image or high-quality graph in your post.
- Feel free to use your own company/experience as an example if sharing lessons or personal journeys bring value to our readers.
- Cite any quotes, data, images, or third-party content used.
Formatting Your Post
- Capitalized each word in your title.
- Capitalize only the first word in each subhead.
- Capitalize the first word of a bullet point.
- We use just one space between sentences.
- Short paragraphs break up chunks of text as do subheadings, lists, and images.
- So Avoid writing overlong sentences.
- Put punctuation inside quotes. “This is how we do it.”
- Bold any noteworthy points but don’t overdo it.
- You must add a title as long as it neatly summarises the argument and is a fair recap of all points made in the body of your guest post.
- A call to action at the end of your post prompts readers to leave a comment. It’s not essential, but it helps.