This privacy statement was last updated on August 13, 2021, and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of the United Kingdom.
This privacy statement explains what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://www.blackgayblog.com. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing, we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
1. Purpose, data and retention period
1.1 Contact – Through phone, mail, email and/or webforms
1.3 Registering an account
1.5 To be able to comply with legal obligations
1.6 Compiling and analyzing statistics for website improvement.
2. Sharing with other parties
We only share this data with processors and with other third parties for which consent must be obtained. It concerns the following party or parties:
Purpose: Site functions and features
Black Gay Blog participates in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework and complies with its Specifications and Policies. It uses the Consent Management Platform with the identification number 332. The inclusion of full IP addresses is blocked by us.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
5. Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data reliably or securely. Therefore, we recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites before making use of these websites.
6. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. Therefore, it is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
7. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below. In addition, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
Please make sure to always clearly state who you are to ensure that we do not modify or delete the wrong person’s data.
8. Submitting a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office: Wycliffe House.
Our website is not designed to attract children, and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We, therefore, request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
10. Contact details
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The pages’ operator is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to directly associate your browsing behaviour with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account. YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest, according to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. Further information about handling user data can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Google Web Fonts
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order and send you the order!
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages if you choose to receive them.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will populate the checkout for future orders. We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes we collect and use, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds, and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- Please support Black Gay Blog.